Nonstick Teflon Belts Band Sealer
Band sealer is a kind of endless, non-stick and heat resistant belt made by PTFE fiberglass fabric. PTFE heat sealing belts is normally made into narrow width like 3" and length from 26"-126" according to your packaging machine. The belt is dimension stable and running smooth during temperatures from-100℉ to +550℉ (-73℃ to 288℃). Surface of PTFE belt is nonstick, plastic film will not residual on the sealing parts.
How to make PTFE band sealer?
● 1-ply PTFE sealing belt - slit and cut Teflon cloth into required sizes, normally our 3mil, 5mil and 10mil material are suitable for making this endless belt. The belt will be with an overlap joint in about 25mm long, thus you need to leave further 25mm on the length when cutting material. Put the two ends together by overlap 25mm, then use the iron machine to heat the joint part.
● 2-Ply PTFE laminated belt - slit and cut Teflon cloth into required sizes, normally use our 3mil, 5mil PTFE coated fabric, 1-ply belt is laminated by twp layers of Teflon strips, offsetting or stepping them, put the ends together and make the offset ends marry together to allow the joint area to have the same thickness of joint as the rest of the belt. Finally use Iron machine to heat the whole belts to make two layers PTFE coated glass cloth stick tightly.
● Poly-bags sealing
● Electronics packaging
● Nuts, biscuit and snacks packing
● Coffee and tea packaging
● Frozen foods packing
● Seeds packing
● Bread and tortilla packing
● Medical devices packaging
How often to change 2 Ply Sealing Bands belt?
It depends on various factors include the thickness of material you will seal, speed and working time of the machine and also the operation and maintain of your machine. Normally we recommend to change PTFE band sealer when the sealer begins to appear spotty sealing or when the belt be burnt and broken.
How to extend the life of Teflon sealing belts?
1. Do not set your machine with extremely high temperature, use the minimum temperature that can seal your bag
2. Keep the belt clean, can use soft cloth to clean
3. Splash liquid silicone on the belt, it will help to prevent adhesion