1. Non-tacky: almost all substances are not bonded to the Teflon coating film. Very thin films also show good non-stick properties.
2. Heat resistance: The polytetrafluoroethylene coating film has excellent heat resistance and low temperature resistance. It can withstand high temperature up to 300 °C in a short time. It can be used continuously between 240 °C and 260 °C. It has remarkable thermal stability. It can work at freezing temperature without embrittlement and does not melt at high temperature.
3. Slidability: The PTFE coating has a low coefficient of friction. The friction coefficient changes when the load slides, but the value is only between 0.05 and 0.15.
4. Moisture resistance: The surface of the PTFE coating film is not stained with water and oil. It is not easy to get the solution during production. If there is a small amount of dirt, it can be removed by simple wiping. Short downtime, saving time and increasing productivity.
5. Wear resistance:under high load, has excellent wear resistance. Under certain load, it has the dual advantages of wear resistance and non-sticking.
6. Corrosion resistance: PTFE is almost free from chemical attack and can withstand all the strong acids (including aqua regia), strong oxidants and reductions except molten alkali metal, fluorinated medium and sodium hydroxide above 300 °C. The action of the agent and various organic solvents protects the part from any kind of chemical attack.